CAMBRIDGE FOOD AND RHINO 10 BRANDS OF CHRISTMAS COMPETITION
1. The Promoter is Cambridge Food and Rhino, a division of Masscash (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Massmart Holdings (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The Cambridge Food and Rhino “10 Brands of Christmas” (“the Competition”) will commence on 28th November 2021 at 00h00 and will end on 31 December 2021 at 23h59. Any entries received after midnight on the last day will be invalid and will not be considered and are subject to government regulations.
3. The Competition is open to all South African residents over the age of 18, who are in possession of a valid identity document or a valid passport and valid driver’s license, if a natural person (“the Participant/s”), except a director, member, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person or its subsidiaries directly or indirectly affiliated with any Massmart and/or participating Cambridge Food or Rhino Stores or any person directly or indirectly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of the Competition or the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
4. By entering the Competition, the Participant/s accept these terms and conditions (“the Rules”) and agree to abide by them. Any Participant may request from the Promoter to be furnished with a copy of the Rules at no cost by emailing Tshepo.Modiko@masscash.co.za.
5. To enter the Competition, Participants are required to purchase any of the participating brand at participating Cambridge and Rhino store (“Coca Cola, Clover, Cremora, Knorrox,Play, Tastic, Surf, Golden Cloud, Ricoffy and Aquartz”) in order to stand a chance to win 1 (one) of 4 (four) Toyota Agya 1.0 Manual Cars, one per week during the Competition Period, valued at R177 000 (VAT inclusive). The eventual make, model and colour of the vehicle may vary at the Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other item of equal or of greater value, should the circumstances require this
6. The Participant, after purchasing any of the Participating Products must dial *120*2017# and follow the voice prompts provided to enter into the draw for the Prize. Entry to the competition shall be via USSD only. Standard USSD entry costs apply and USSD entries are unlimited.
7. The Prize will only be awarded:
7.1.1. to a natural person as stipulated in these rules and will not be awarded to any legal entity;
7.1.2. if it is not unlawful to supply the Prize to a person in terms of any legislation or public regulation and the Promoter reserve the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply a Prize (for example to request the winner of a TV to provide his/her TV license to the Promoter before they can hand over the Prize).
8. The Prize shall be distributed randomly to a winner nationally each week and the Promoters reserve the rights to amend this qualification at its sole and absolute discretion.
8.1. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any other gift of comparable commercial value.
8.2. Although the Promoter have taken care to make sure that the Prize/s is/are of a good quality, they do not give any warranties about the Prize/s and you agree to accept the Prize “as is”. Subject to applicable law, you also indemnify the Promoter against any damages that anyone may suffer as a result of the Prize/s or this Competition, including consequential and economic loss.
8.3. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the Prize/s are for the winner’s own account. The Promoter’s and its affiliates, will not be responsible for any other expenses including but not limited to insurance which the winner/s may incur as a result of their acceptance and/ or use of a Prize, whether foreseen or not.
8.4. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a Prize by the State or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner/s will be liable therefore, and the Promoter will not increase the value of the Prize/s to compensate for such charges.
8.5. The value of the Prize includes VAT, and the Prize will be given to the winner at the ruling price which is available to any customer on the day that they are rung up at the till
9. Participants must retain their cash register till slips as proof of purchase, and your entry must match the date of the purchase. If a Participant cannot produce the cash register slip upon demand, and/or if a Participant’s entry does not strictly adhere to the requirements to enter the Competition, such Participant will be automatically disqualified from the Competition and will forfeit the Prize. In the event that the Participant purchases one of the qualifying products with their credit/ debit card, then a statement from the Participant’s respective bank shall be accepted as proof of purchase.
10. The winner of the Prize shall be the first qualifying entry randomly drawn by way of a draw, which will be held on every week during the Competition Period, but no later than 3 months from the end of the Competition. An independent person will monitor, verify and certify the draw and, except in so far as is provided for in the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, his/her decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
11. In order to be eligible to win a Prize, you must not have issued dishonoured cheques, or have overdue payments due to the Promoter at the time of the Competition draw. You must not have committed any act of fraud or other criminal act against the Promoters.
12. The Results consisting of the winner’s name, card number and town/city will be published on the Promoters’ website and other media. The winner will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of Prize and may be requested to be photographed and/or identified in any media, which is inclusive of but not limited to television, radio print publications and online sites in which the Competition receives exposure and for future marketing initiatives with the understanding that the winner may decline such an invitation.
13. It is the responsibility of all Participants to ensure that their entry strictly adheres to the requirements as set out above. Any entry that does not comply with these requirements will be automatically disqualified. The winner will forfeit their Prize in the event that he/she fails to comply with the Promoter’s requirements within the time period provided to you by the Promoter in order for the Promoter to process the Prize.
14. The winner will be telephonically contacted on the cell phone number that was used by the winner to enter the Competition within a reasonable period of time. The winners will be obliged to satisfy to the Promoter within a period of 7 (Seven) business days thereafter that the Participant is entitled to the Prize in terms of these Rules by producing a valid:
14.1. identity document or passport;
14.2. valid driver’s license if a natural person; and
14.3. cash register slip or bank statement reflecting the qualifying purchase as proof of purchase.
15. Should the winner not be able to comply with the above requirements or if after any and all reasonable steps are taken in order to contact the winner, the winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period from the date of the draw, such winner will be disqualified and their Prize will be forfeited. If necessary further draws will be held where the procedure as set out above will be repeated.
16. In the event that the winner has previously won a prize in any of the previous four (4) Cambridge Food and Rhino competitions, the winner will be disqualified and the procedure as set out above will be repeated.
17. The Promoters will do the necessary to effect transfer of ownership of the Prize to the winner and the Promoter will pay all costs relating to transfer of ownership of the vehicle from the Promoter to the winner. If for any reason, the Promoter cannot transfer ownership to the winner or the winner cannot claim the prize within 60 (Sixty) days from the date the winner’s entitlement to the prize is confirmed in terms of paragraph 10, the winner shall forfeit the prize and a second draw will be held in accordance with the relevant paragraph.
18. From the date the winner claims their prize, the Promoter shall have no further liability in respect of the prize, and the winner will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of Prize. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to comply herewith will disqualify the winner and a new winner will be drawn in their place at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
19. Participants enter the Competition entirely at their own risk. The Promoter and its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, subsidiaries, contractors and any participating Cambridge Food and Rhino Store cannot be held responsible or liable for any accident, injury, harm or loss suffered by any person or entity as a direct or indirect result of entering the Competition or suffered as a direct or indirect result of the utilization in any way whatsoever of the prizes won in terms of the Competition.
20. Competition artwork is for illustrative purposes only. Participants hereby agree to release and indemnify the Promoter and its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and subsidiaries, and any participating Cambridge Food and Rhino Store and hold it harmless against any losses, claims, demands, legal proceedings, damages and expenses of whatsoever nature in respect of injury or death of any person, loss or damage to any property of any person or legal entity or loss of profits arising as a direct or indirect result from entering this Competition.
21. The winner may be required to be photographed and/or identified in any media, which is inclusive of but not limited to television, radio, print publications and online sites in which the Competition receives exposure and for future marketing initiatives with the understanding that the winner may decline such an invitation.
22. By entering the Competition, you consent to the processing of your personal information by the Promoter in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013, for a legitimate period for the purposes of administering the Competition, providing the benefits and other activities as contemplated in these Rules. The types of personal information that the Promoter may collect includes but are not limited your name, identity number, e-mail, physical and postal addresses, contact information, and other information you provide when entering and participating in the Competition. The Promoter may use your personal information to update the Promoters’ existing records; for the purpose of administering customer relations; to make information available on future promotions which the Promoters may conduct, which you may opt out from at any time. The Participant can refer to the Privacy Notice available at https://www.massmart.co.za/privacy-centre to confirm how the Promoters will process your Personal Information. Any personal information relating to the winner or an entrant will be used solely in accordance with the CPA and POPIA and will not be disclosed to a third party without your prior consent.
23. By participating in the Competition, you consent to the sharing your personal information between the Promoters and its affiliates including holding and subsidiary companies.
By posting any content, images, or comments on any of the Promoter’s public and/or social media platform or by sending any such content to the Promoter, a Participant consent to and gives the Promoter a world-wide royalty free licence to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish such content, images or comments for the purposes of promoting the Promoter’s products and/or services.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the Competition Rules if such amendment is necessary from a practical or fairness point of view. The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the Competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all Participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and staff. The Promoter reserve the right to extend the duration of the Competition in the event that the Promoter have not received the minimum number of qualifying entries for the Competition.
25. The above Rules are severable. This means that if any one rule is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining Rules will still apply.
26. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above Rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the Participant.
Imana Soya Mince Cambridge Competition
Terms and Conditions:
The name of the Competition is the IMANA Soya Mince Cambridge Competition.
The competition will run from 25 September to 30 November 2021. Late entries will not be accepted.
The competition is open to South African citizens residing within the Republic of South Africa.
No employees, directors, agents or merchandisers and their immediate family members directly connected to or in the employment of IMANA Foods SA (Pty) Ltd, its subsidiaries and business partners, associates, advertising or promotion agencies and staff members of Cambridge Foods SA and its participating outlets may take part in the competition.
Participants may enter as many times as they like provided they use a different unique code for each entry.
Only 1 entry per unique code will be processed. Multiple entries from the same cellphone number are allowed provided each entry uses a different unique code. However, only 1 cellphone number will be allowed to win a CASH CARD prize once for the competition duration and a maximum of 10 airtime voucher wins will be allowed on that cellphone number.
Invalid codes will not be accepted as an entry and a cellphone number will be disqualified after 10 invalid codes entered.
To enter the competition entrants must dial the USSD (unstructured supplementary service data) code *120*52489# as stipulated on the sticker on selected IMANA SOYA MINCE packs. You will then be prompted to enter the unique code found on the back of this sticker. Entry will be charged at 20c per 20 seconds. Free minutes do not apply.
All consumers entering the competition correctly will be notified of their valid entry. Those consumers who do not enter a Unique Code or duplicate an existing entered code will be notified that their entry is invalid.
The prizes are as follows:
R30 000 worth of cash cards as follows: 60 x cards loaded with R500 to be won over the competition period.
R20 000 worth of airtime as follows: 2000 x R10 to be won over the competition period.
A random electronic draw will take place weekly for the CASH CARDS. Draws will take place every Friday commencing Friday 1 October 2021 and will include entries up until 24h00 of the Thursday before the draw date. Winners will be notified by IMANA Foods SA (Pty) Ltd. A random electronic draw of approximately 29 daily airtime winners will take place daily commencing 1 October 2020 for the airtime (a total of 2000 winners will be drawn over the competition period). The winners will be notified instantly on the USSD line by Foneworx (Pty) Ltd. The airtime will be uploaded within 24 hours of notification. The promoter is not liable for failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
Handover of CASH CARD prizes:
The IMANA Area Agent will hand over the cash cards to the winner at the CAMBRIDGE FOODS store where the winner purchased their IMANA SOYA MINCE pack.
The judge’s decision will be final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Cash Cards cannot be used for any transactions at an ATM machine, at a bank teller or for online purchases. It can only be used at an in-store electronic terminal in the Republic of South Africa, where Mastercard is accepted. Balance enquiries can be made by sending an SMS with the card number to the SMS line number supplied or by dialing the number supplied. The recipient is responsible for the safekeeping of the card. The card is the same as having cash in your pocket. If the card is lost or stolen and used by someone else the recipient will lose all the funds in their card. Winners cannot use the cash cards for the purchase of fuel throughout South Africa.
Cash Card winners will have 72 hours to submit their identification documents to claim their prize. If the winner does not comply within the stipulated time, they will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn and the same rules apply. Once the competition closes and a winner has not responded within a 72-hour period then the prize will be forfeited.
The visual of the cash cards on the artwork is a visual representation only and may differ from the actual cash card prize.
Handover of prizes will be arranged when the winner is phoned and the address and time for the hand over is confirmed.
Alternate winners will be selected should IMANA Foods SA (Pty) Ltd not be able to reach the winner three times within three days.
Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
IMANA Foods SA (Pty) Ltd or their agents do not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to goods or personal injury suffered as a result of participating or winning any prize and will also not be responsible or liable for any further expenses or fees required for purpose of using, applying or enjoying the prize won in this competition.
Winners consent to IMANA Foods SA (Pty) Ltd using their names for publicity purposes. All entrants, by participating, grant IMANA Foods SA (Pty) Ltd permission to contact them about this promotion and/or future marketing and promotion purposes. Consumers shall retain the right to withdraw this consent at any stage should they not wish to participate in any promotional activities.
The competition closes on 30 November 2021 at 24h00.
The rules of this competition can be found at https://www.imana.co.za/south-africa or call the customer care line 031-7190444.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations created for either the participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
By entering the Competition, entrants acknowledge that the Competition will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying entrants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoter to comply with their obligations under the CPA.
Detailed standard terms and conditions apply and can be found at: https://www.imana.co.za/south-africa
Winners of the CASH CARDS will be announced and made available on the Cambridge Social Media Pages.
TEL: 087 376 3500
WHATSAPP: +27 81 570 6628
TEL: +27 11 479 5600
WHATSAPP: +27 81 570 6628
TEL: +27 31 308 7500
WHATSAPP: +27 81 570 6628
TEL: +27 51 403 8440
WHATSAPP: +27 81 570 6628
TEL: 087 376 3500
WHATSAPP: +27 21 391 0888